1. Start in a dead leaf. Raise your legs from the floor. Then raise the buttocks from the floor. Once the buttocks are lifted up your hands should hold the buttocks. Place the hands on the buttocks and not the hips. This will maintain the proper angle for the lower back in respect to the floor.
2. The elbows will be pinned onto the floor. If the elbows feel sensitive to the floor then consider using a blanket or thick mat for cushioning.
3. The legs will be at roughly a 60 degree angle pointing behind you. With the correct angle you will feel an exertion below the navel.
4. Once the correct angle is acquired begin pinning the shoulders onto the floor while pushing the chin into the throat.
5. Hold while continuing to breathe into your nose and out your nose. Slowly build up to 2 minutes.